So I came home for a much needed visit this weekend and I'm so glad I did! It was Much needed mostly because I missed my family so much. But also because I needed to be back to grieve. My DiDi passed away on Wednesday :( DiDi was a second mom to me. She watched me everyday from when I was only six weeks old all the way through eight grade. She was an amazing woman who taught me so much throughout my childhood. We would go to the ecology center for hours or lose track of time reading at the library. I loved being at her house so much that by the time I was old enough to stay home alone I still wanted to go there. As I got older I helped her with the younger kids like Evan and Jake. I learned how to make the best chicken cutlets and how to babysit! I also loved her pancakes! For me, she would make pancakes in different sizes and pile them up like a mountain... add syrup and it's a VOLCANO!!! (Coolest thing ever!) Well two years ago she retired and moved to SC and I haven't really seen her since. Well she was very sick and I didn't know... no one did. :( she passed peacefully Wednesday morning and I know she is the best person to have as a guardian angel.<3 RIP Di we all miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment